Creating an FTP Account
You can create FTP accounts to provide users with controlled access to files on your server. This article explains how to set up a new FTP account in DirectAdmin.
Note: By default each User Account already has an FTP account set up with access to all files under that User. The username and password for this FTP account are the same as the User Account.
- Login to DirectAdmin and navigate to the domain.
- Under "Your Account" click on "FTP Management".
- Click "Create FTP Account".
- Create a username and password for the account. Be sure to save your password somewhere secure. We recommend using LastPass.
- Select the highest directory that you wish to give the account access to. You can select one of the provided options, or set a custom directory path.
- Click "Create".
Did you find this article helpful?