Creating a New Database
This article explains how to create a new database in DirectAdmin.
- Log in to DirectAdmin and navigate to a domain.
- Under "Your Account" click on "MySQL Management".
- Click on "Create new Database"
- Enter the name for your new database.
- Enter the username to create a new username for accessing the database, or select an existing user from the dropdown menu.
- Enter and re-enter the password for the new database.
Note: You can use the "Random" button to generate a random, secure password. The password will be shown to you after you click "Create".
- Click "Create".
- Save your the database username and password somewhere safe. We recommend using LastPass.
Did you find this article helpful?