Resetting Your DirectAdmin Password
This article explains how to change or reset your DirectAdmin Password
ContentsResetting a Forgotten Password
Changing Your DirectAdmin Password If You Know The Current Password
Resetting a Forgotten Password
- Navigate to your DirectAdmin control panel login page.
- Click on the "Forgot your Password?" link below the login box.
- Enter your DirectAdmin username and click "Submit". A reset link will be sent to the email address associated with that user account.
Note: If you believe an incorrect email address is associated with the user account, please email our support desk and we will assist you.
- Carefully read the email you receive. It will contain three links - be sure to click on the second link, which will lead you to the password reset page.
- On the password reset page, leave the username and confirmation code as they are and select "Submit". You will receive another email with the new password.
- Copy the password from the email and use it to log in to DirectAdmin.
- Now that you have signed in, follow the steps below to change your password using the password that was emailed to you as the current one.
Changing Your DirectAdmin Password If You Know the Current Password
- Log into DirectAdmin with your username and current password.
- Click on either the "Change Password" link or the "Password" Lock icon.
- In the "Current DirectAdmin Password" box, enter the current password
- In the next two boxes enter the new password that you would like to change it to.
- Leave the three "Account" options checked; this will change each password so that you have the same username and password for DirectAdmin, FTP, and Database logins.
- Hit "Submit" to change your password.
Did you find this article helpful?