Creating and Editing Database Users
Every database for your domain has a default user that can view and edit the database. If you wish to give someone controlled access to your database, you can also add additional users.This article explains how to create and modify database users in DirectAdmin. Once a user is given access to a database, they can login to phpMyAdmin at 'https://server.vacares.com/phpmyadmin/' (just replace 'server' with your server).
Adding a User to a Database
- Log in to DirectAdmin and navigate to your domain.
- Under "Your Account" click on "MySQL Management".
- Click on the name of the database you want to add a user to.
- Click "Create New Database User".
- Enter a username to create a new user, or select an existing user from the dropdown menu.
- Enter a password (this is only necessary if you are creating a new user).
- Click "Create".
Note: By default new users have access to all database privleges except "Grant". To change these privileges see below.
Modifying User Privileges
- Navigate to MySQL Management as above.
- Click on the name of the database you want to modify users for.
- Click "modify privileges".
- Select which priveleges to give to the user.
- Click "Save".
Did you find this article helpful?